As a part of AMD family, ATI Technologies is a company producing variety of hardware products and special GPU (Graphics Processing Unit). One of the company most popular brands is ATI Radeon graphics cards which are already in the market for nearly a decade. AMD announced that they have created a driver to enable support for Windows operating system for the next eight years based on AMD PCs, laptops and servers.
Continuing a long history of collaboration, AMD is working with Microsoft to form a new generation of innovative PC and small hardware design. Compared to other many drivers of small files and codes, AMD catalyst is the perfect program. It has drivers including interface which is known as AMD Catalyst Control Center. With this interface, you are able to make a number of adjustments for graphics settings, 3D monitor controls and video options. AMD is committed to provide monthly updates to apply new features, better performance and address specific error.
AMD Catalyst offers a variety of performance levels which allow you enjoy more control over your computer. AMD Catalyst software offers several advantages in terms of device drivers, especially more control as standard. However, on the other side, AMD Radeon devices often require a little help to work on one particular level. For instance, if the file is corrupted, you may need to install AMD Catalyst driver or manually update it.
AMD Catalyst ™ for Windows ® 8.
The future of AMD Catalyst Driver for Windows 8 will add support for AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 7700.
Here is Feature of the AMD Catalyst™ driver for the Windows® 8 ( Windows 8 32-bit Edition and Windows 8 64-bit Edition ) :
- Full WDDM 1.2 (Optimized Power Consumption, Optimized screen rotation, Native Stereo 3D support. Windows 8 will natively support Stereo 3D for full-screen and windowed gaming and video applications. Unified Video API – Video Playback is now integrated within the DirectX® 11 API; enabling simultaneous high quality video and 3D content and potential of enhanced video transcoding performance and improved sleep/resume performance.
- AMD Dual Graphics / AMD CrossFire™ Technology
- AMD Catalyst Control Center (ACCC) / Vision Engine Control Center
- AMD Eyefinity
- AMD Overdrive™
Hardware support : ATI FirePro V7800, ATI FirePro V8800, ATI FirePro V5800, ATI FirePro V4800, ATI FirePro V5800 DVI, ATI FirePro V3800, ATI FirePro 2460 Multi-View, ATI FirePro V9800, ATI FirePro M7820, AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series, ATI FirePro M5800, AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series, AMD Radeon HD 6000M Series, AMD Radeon HD 7000M Series, AMD Mobility Radeon™ HD 5000 Series, AMD C-Series APU, AMD A-Series APU, AMD E-Series APU, AMD FirePro V7900, AMD FirePro V9800, AMD FirePro V7900 SD, AMD FirePro V5900, AMD FirePro V7800P, AMD FirePro V4900, AMD FirePro 2270, AMD FirePro V3900, AMD FirePro M8900, AMD FirePro M3900 and AMD FirePro M5950.
AMD Catalyst 13.3 Driver for Windows Features :
- Improves latency performance in Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution Games.
- Improve performance in Sim City Games 5 – 16 %.
- Improves performance in Far Cry Games 3 – 5 %.
- Finalize slight corruption seen in Tomb Raider Games with Tress FX enabled for Cross Fire.
- Windows 8 (32 & 64-bit versions)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit versions with SP1 or higher)
- Windows Vista (32 & 64-bit versions with SP2 or higher)
AMD Catalyst 13.3 has support for WIndows 8 (32 bit and 46 bit), Windows 7 SP1 or higher (32 bit and 46 bit) and Windows Vista SP 2 or higher (32 bit and 46 bit). Download AMD Catalyst Driver Windows 8 here.